Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A joyful moment!!



Sunday after church we headed to my parents house for an amazing dinner and a great family home evening!!!! My mom is so amazing, she has been teaching a new Scripture story each week and I am amazed at how much Parker can remember!!! I am so lucky to have such a wonderful mother who blesses the life's of her children and grandchildren everyday! I love you mom!! Last Sunday she told the story of Nephi building the ship. Part of the story talks about how God granted Nephi the ability to show his brothers that God was directing him. Through the power of God, Nephi by allowing Nephi put forth his hand and "shocked" Laman and Lemuel. Then they realized that Nephi had the power of God with him. Laman and Lemuel repented and began helping Nephi build the ship.

Monday at preschool Parker was hit by one of the other students. Upon arriving at home, he told me that he prayed to God for the power to "shock" the disobedient schoolmate so they would repent and become righteous.

I am amazed at the simple faith he had, and his willingness to be obedient!!! He never stops teaching us and he is such a blessing in our lives!!!




2 comments:

Natasha Ireland said...

What a great grandma. That is very cool . the school story has got me LOL....what a kid that Parker is. Love him.

The Wolfs said...

Cute story! It sounds as though Parker has it all figured out! I can't believe that he is in Preschool already - it seems just like yesterday we were at his blessing crazy!

GO JAZZ!!!